Wednesday, February 2, 2011

In times of doubt, I bow my head, ask for Your forgiveness and turn to You in prayer.

I've never stopped asking. Maybe because that's all I've ever known how to do. What I mean to say is, why do we ask, but never give?

We always expect things to be easy. We expect to receive whatever we ask for, to gain whatever we worked for. Things aren't always so simple, if it was, we wouldn't be living.
Life is bigger than just you and me. The world is like the beach, and we're just that one grain of sand. How small, how tiny, but when added to all the other grains, we form the beach. Does my metaphor make any sense? :)

In life, we tend to search endlessly for things which empower us. Materialistic things which show our wealthiness, our power. Having more does not stop us from wanting more. Do we not realise that these things will just be left behind after we're dead?

We always ask for things that'll feed our unending lust for material things, but we never ask for things that'll feed our spirit, that'll feed our soul. Why are we so ignorant? This blindness has been leading on for too long. So much so that we start believing that there is nothing hardwork can not gain. I'm not saying that's wrong.. but because of that mindset, we make ourself believe that mankind is power. That mankind can do everything. The truth is, we can't. We can part the sea, we can't walk on water or awaken the dead. Men are imperfect, and we fail to remind ourselves of that.

Humility. Do we not understand that word any longer? Look up, be awaken. We have to admit that we are incomplete, as imperfect as we are. We have to once again find our reason to live. Don't waste your life, but live your life for a purpose that is bigger than yourself.


I guess my point is, we shouldn't ask for things like, an iPhone even though we have a Sony phone. ( thats me :P )
Need versus want. We need food, we want a chocolate sundae. Big different!

For a change, look around, be grateful. Don't ask for things to feed your ego. Instead, search for things to feed your heart. Hope, faith, love :)

No comments: