Monday, January 3, 2011

To hold on, or to let go?
Its only two days into the new year and I feel like 2010 is slipping away faster than leaking water in a bucket with holes.

Dreams don't always come true. Neither do promises. But I was hoping this one would.

We made a promise, that we will try. That I didn't have to worry each and every day. We made, a promise. But surely, none of us kept to it. I tried. I really did. Every chance I had, I tried to rekindle something. But somehow, I feel you slipping away. The memories of us are faint, fading slowly. The days we spend together were limited, but I still felt you, close enough. It has been a long time since I felt that way. I want to believe that you're still there. I want to believe that you still feel the way you did. But all hope seem to draw me to despair. We knew we'd end up this way, which is why we stood static. I guess we made the right choice.

At least I know what you decided on. So the question is, what am I deciding on. A new year, a new resolution, to forget you? Easier said than done. How does one do that when everything one does reminds one of you? Should I say that you were a curse upon me, or a blessing in diguise? Either way, you're taking up too much of my memory. Ppl say, you need to know when is the right time to let go. I'm not sure if its now, for I'm still waiting for something to happen. But only time will tell, no?

Truth is, I still miss you every single day.

No comments: